I'm officially move from my previous kostan last week the day before Ramadhan (fast month), 12 sept 2007. From that on, I stayed in Cimone, Tangerang with my wife.
The distance between Cimone and Central Jakarta is about 35km, this is the distance that I have to get through daily. There are several alternatives though:
- By Motorcycle, thru Kalideres. Took about 45 mins-1 hour with average 60km/h speed. Hectic traffic, lots of motorcycles, trucks and other public transport such buses and angkot.
- By Private Car, thru Toll-way. Took about 1,5 hours in heavy traffic jam.
- By Public Bus, thru Toll-way. Took about 1,5 hours in heavy traffic jam. There are many buses server this route, check out my previous post on Jakarta Public Transport Route.
- By Train, by far, this is the most effective transport method I got.
There are 3 alternative train. Economy class train, Benteng Express, and Cisadane Express. I often use Cisadane Express since this train has the most convenient schedule for me.
- Tangerang (06:45) - Jakarta, Sudirman (7:30)
- Jakarta, Sudirman (17:50) - Tangerang (18:35)
Since I'm not a very discipline person. Sometime I go by train, or use motorcycle if I prefer to go to the office after 7am.